LSST AGN Science Collaboration Membership Application
Membership in the LSST AGN Science Collaboration implies a commitment to work toward the common scientific goals of the collaboration, and affords one the opportunity to be involved directly in the core projects undertaken by the Science Collaboration. The Science Collaboration also provides a natural route for giving feedback to the LSST Project about issues related to AGN science.
Proposals are currently invited from individuals in the following categories:
- All scientists employed or studying at institutions in countries with LSST data rights (e.g., USA, Chile).
- Any individuals specifically listed in signed Memoranda of Agreement with the LSST Corporation.
- Scientists employed by the LSST Project.
- Members of institutions that have explicit data-rights agreements with the LSST, such as IN2P3.
- Individuals hoping to obtain data rights through in-kind contributions, recognizing that their membership level will be limited to Associate (until data rights are obtained) and may have to be dropped as members should negotiation for data rights not be successful
As noted in the AGN SC Charter, the AGN SC has three membership levels (associate, full, and core). The application procedure for the associate level is largely pro forma; legitimate scientists (including graduate students) that provide the requested information will generally be approved. Sections A and B are relevant for all applications. Sections C through F are relevant only for full and core applications, while Section G is for core applications only. Please put "N/A" for any "required" sections that are not applicable to the membership class that you are applying for. All applicants must acknowledge and agree to the AGN SC's Charter and Code of Conduct documents.
Those submitting Full or Core membership applications should make use of materials describing recent activities of the AGN SC, including:
- The AGN SC Roadmap, which gives a fairly up-to-date prioritization of the various tasks for the AGN SC.
- Slides from recent talks by AGN SC members.
- A recent video, which gives a useful summary of LSST AGN science and the overall activities of the AGN SC.
Please write and save your answers in another environment and upload them here when you are ready (as this web form will not save your partially completed work).